According to the article 6.37 of 234th meeting of the Board of Directors held on 12.06.2012, a decision was taken to setup a Data Bank. To build a Data Bank for Janata Bank Limited named JBL Data Bank following proposal has been put.
About Data bank :
DataBank is an analysis and visualization tool that contains collections of time series data on one or more subjects, or for a particular purpose. Basically, a database consists of an organized collection process of data for one or more uses, typically in digital form is called databank. In this sense a databank is a collection of information that is organized so that it can easily be accessed, managed, and updated. Typically, it contains aggregations of data records or files, such as sales transactions, product catalogs and inventories, and customer profiles. It also refers to an organization chiefly concerned with building, maintaining, and using a database.
Largest Databanks in the world:
There are many organizations in the world which contain their own databank. Of them following are the well-known and largest in the world.
- National Energy Research Scientific Computing Center
Renowned databanks of Bangladesh:
There are some organizations in Bangladesh which have their own databank. Three of them are as follows:
- Central Depository Bangladesh Ltd.
- Bangladesh Election Commission.
- Education Boards Bangladesh.
Databank for Janata Bank:
Under the above circumstances Janata Bank thinks to build a databank for further progress in bank business. And therefore, task to set up a DataBank namely JBL DataBank is underway. The area that the DataBank cover is as follows:
Various types of data that should be contained in data bank:
- The information of all the customers of Janata Bank.
- The information of all the manpower of Janata Bank.
- The information of all the cases of Janata Bank.
- The information of loan, deposit, foreign exchange, remittance of all the branches of Janata Bank.
- The information of all the pair groups of local branches of Janata Bank.
- The information of all the industries and organizations related to Janata Bank.
- The information of Bank management in Bangladesh.
- The information of all the main banks of Bangladesh and Bangladesh Bank.
- The information of World Bank Management System
- The condition, nature and trends of world economy.
- The present and past information of sectors or sub sectors of own business-based websites of Janata Bank. That means the sector/sub sector-wise flat files of Interfacing Central MIS.
- The information of major Financial Institutions.
- The information of loan, deposit, foreign exchange, remittance of all the branches of Bangladesh Bank.
- All the information related to bank business.
- All the economic, academic, occupational and geographic information related to Bank business.
- Cluster wise information of various types of employees.
The goal of DataBank:
A DataBank may provide faster data access, data entry and retrieval to both the clients and authority. It is easy to get any report from databank to take any decision. So in a banking system a Databank is more efficient, fast, reliable and user friendly to the management authority to take any decision.
So, the goal of the Databank is to help our management authority to get any report quickly and easily to take any decision efficiently. Thus, the acceleration of progress and prosper in bank business is the main goal of DataBank.
If we able to setup JBL databank then it will provide faster data access, data entry and retrieval to both the clients and authority. It will help our management authority to get any report fast and easilyto make any decision efficiently. As a result both the clients and the authority will be benefited. Thus, progress and prosper in Bank business will be accelerated. So we should take proper steps to setup JBL DataBank as early as possible.